GoGuardian Helps Create Safe and Engaging Digital Learning Experiences
Dear GPS Families, Students, and Staff
To help keep our students safe and ensure that GPS-issued devices are used according to the AUG, we have chosen GoGuardian software tools that
- Help protect students against harmful and inappropriate online material
- Help students stay “scholarly” and more focused when learning online
- Display active student screens during Class sessions
- Enable teachers and students to screen-share for communication or troubleshooting purposes
- Log student browsing data
- Help assess students’ progress towards class assignments and
- Facilitate communication between teachers and students during class.
To learn more about our GoGuardian implementation please visit
- GoGuardian & Digital Use Guidelines Informational Letter
- Carta informativa de las pautas de uso digital y de GoGuardian
- Scrisoare Informațională de Utilizare Digitală și de Protecție Digitală cu Programa GoGuardian
- Информационное письмо о GoGuardian & Электронные Руководящие Указания
General Digital Resources
- Office of Educational Technology (Department of Education), Parent and Family Digital Learning Guide. There are many resources available on this page, but the section on Ensuring Your Child’s Safety, Privacy, and Responsible Use is very helpful. See also, “Cyber Safety Considerations for K-12 Schools and School Districts.”
- Raising a Responsible Digital Citizen (https://www.isp.com/blog/raising-a-responsible-digital-citizen/) Learning how to use technology safely, knowledgeably, and appropriately.
- Common Sense: Wide Open School https://www.commonsensemedia.org/wide-open-school
- DESE Educational Resources for Students and Families,http://www.doe.mass.edu/covid19/ed-resources.html
Family Support FAQs
Please visit our Technology Troubleshooting FAQ-Students and Families webpage to find helpful troubleshooting tips.
Please visit our Family Resources page for other useful links.
Topics on our troubleshooting page include: