Greenfield Public Schools Expands its Commitment to Communication Outreach With School Messenger!
We are excited to continue using the School Messenger Communicate service to enhance district communication. The service enables us to deliver important information for parental outreach, emergency broadcasts, student attendance alerts and other significant communications
School Messenger is designed to notify parents and guardians automatically for alerts that impact the safety and academic performance of students, extending the district’s existing community outreach efforts and emergency preparedness procedures. It is also used by our schools to inform parents/guardians of upcoming school events such as statewide testing, parent conferences, and upcoming field trips.
With School Messenger, your child’s principal will still be accessible for live visits and will continue to communicate via current methods including paper-based notifications. The district’s implementation of School Messenger is intended to extend its commitment to remain personally connected with parents/guardian by offering additional and timely communications. The new system even allows us to deliver important information via SMS text messaging should Parents/Guardians indicate they wish to receive text messages on their cell phones.
How to Access School Messenger if you are a GPS Teacher/Staff
Use the following link: go.schoolmessenger.com
- Teachers need to create an account in School Messenger, they do it by going to the go.schoolmessenger.com
- Click the link in the upper right corner that says, Sign up
- It will prompt for you for your school (gpsk12.org) email address.
- It will also prompt you to create a password
- Enter your gpsk12.org email address and pick a password, then click Sign Up
- School Messenger will then ask you to verify your account by following instruction sent to your gpsk12.org email address.
- To complete your account registration, please follow the instructions you received via email.
- Once you’ve created a School Messenger account, SM will link to your PowerSchool account and you will see your class lists.
- Next time you wish to login to your School Messenger account, go to go.schoolmessenger.com, and instead of clicking Sign up, click Log in
School Messenger is linked to your PowerSchool login so no username or password is required if you login through PowerSchool
General Guides and Quick Start Instructions
- Getting Started PDF – Everything you need to know for sending a message
- Quick Start for New Users – Here are the steps to a simple one-time setup for new users to make learning the system and sending notifications quick and easy.
- Advanced Training Guide – This PDF details some of the more advanced features you can use to enhance your notification.
How to Send a Message to all Students in a School or Class (Teachers, & Staff)
- Create a Contact List Using Rules – Message all staff in your building, all students in your building, or a class list of particular students in your building.
Teachers who have an account on School Messenger can login and create groups.
For instructions on how to create and manage groups, follow the instructions provided by Rachel Cummings, a teacher at Newton School. Her instructions also explain how parents can join the groups you’ve created.
School Messenger and Text Messages (Opt-out Process for Teachers & Staff)
School Messenger will automatically send you school notifications by Text messaging if there is a cell phone number entered for you in PowerSchool! Please be sure to give your cell phone number to your school office, if you haven’t already done so.
- To Opt-In manually, send a text to 67587 that says Yes, tap Send.
- You know you were successful if you receive the following reply message:
- You are registered to receive approximately 3 msgs/mo. Txt STOP to cancel, HELP for help.
- Repeat this opt-out process for any cell phone number that you wish to include
- To opt OUT of text messaging, send a text to 67587 that says CANCEL, tap Send.
- Repeat this opt-out process for any cell phone number that you wish to include.
Please note, although the district does not charge you for this service, it does not pay for text message charges that may be incurred by you for sending or receiving text messages. Check with your wireless carrier for possible charges.
School Messenger Mobile Apps (For Teachers, & Staff)
- Parents should use the School Messenger for Android app
- Guide to sending communications using your Android cellphone