Greenfield Public Schools Expands its Commitment to Communication Outreach With School Messenger!
We are excited to continue using the School Messenger Communicate service to enhance district communication. The service enables us to deliver important information for parental outreach, emergency broadcasts, student attendance alerts and other significant communications
School Messenger is designed to notify parents and guardians automatically for alerts that impact the safety and academic performance of students, extending the district’s existing community outreach efforts and emergency preparedness procedures. It is also used by our schools to inform parents/guardians of upcoming school events such as statewide testing, parent conferences, and upcoming field trips.
With School Messenger, your child’s principal will still be accessible for live visits and will continue to communicate via current methods including paper-based notifications. The district’s implementation of School Messenger is intended to extend its commitment to remain personally connected with parents/guardian by offering additional and timely communications. The new system even allows us to deliver important information via SMS text messaging should Parents/Guardians indicate they wish to receive text messages on their cell phones.
School Messenger for Parents/Guardians, please see below.
School Messenger for Parents/Guardians
- Parents/Guardians are already set up for emergency notifications from the Superintendent’s Office and their child’s school.
- Additionally, parents/guardians will be able to send and receive communications to and from classroom teachers through School Messenger by logging in to the PowerSchool Parent Portal.
- Once you have your PowerSchool Access ID and Password from your child’s school (you get a different Access ID and Password for each child and this information is typically sent to you in a letter from your child’s school at the beginning of the school year), you can follow the steps outlined in this helpful video created by Greenfield High School, https://www.youtube.com/watch?
- Please login to School Messenger for the first time through the PowerSchool Parent Portal. This will automatically link your students to your account.
- For detailed text instructions on how to connect to School Messenger, please refer to our illustrated PowerSchool and School Messenger Login Step-by-Step Guide
- If you prefer to watch a GPS video explaining how to sign up for PowerSchool and School Messenger, visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLjT3PAnWmo or click the play button on the YouTube image below. The video was created by GPS teachers Brendan Leowolf and Andrew Lippman.
School Messenger and Text Messages (Opt-out Process for Parents)
School Messenger will automatically send you school notifications by Text messaging if there is a cell phone number entered for you in PowerSchool! Please be sure to give your cell phone number to your school office, if you haven’t already done so.
- To Opt-In manually, send a text to 67587 that says Yes, tap Send.
- You know you were successful if you receive the following reply message:
- You are registered to receive approximately 3 msgs/mo. Txt STOP to cancel, HELP for help.
- Repeat this opt-out process for any cell phone number that you wish to include
- To opt OUT of text messaging, send a text to 67587 that says CANCEL, tap Send.
- Repeat this opt-out process for any cell phone number that you wish to include.
Please note, although the district does not charge you for this service, it does not pay for text message charges that may be incurred by you for sending or receiving text messages. Check with your wireless carrier for possible charges.
School Messenger Mobile Apps (For Parents)
- Parents should use the School Messenger for Android app
- Guide to sending communications using your Android cellphone
School Messenger for Admins, Mobile App for iPhones (School Messenger Admin for iOS)
School Messenger for Admins, Mobile App for Android (School Messenger Admin for Android)