- masslegalhelp.org provides guidance for low-income families to take advantage of discounts in utilities including telephone, gas, and electric.
Inexpensive Ways to Connect to the Internet
- CheapInternet.com – links to broadband internet plans created by public-private partnerships
- EveryoneOn.org is a non-profit that provides assistance to families in need of free or low-cost Internet access ( $10.00 a month unlimited wireless 4G Internet through national program). The organization partners with local internet service provides in 48 states and Washington, D.C. Low-cost, refurbished tablets and computers are also available through EveryoneOn.org.
- FCC Announcement – FCC blog announcing several Federal initiatives to help provide hardware and software to students.
- FCC Lifeline Program. The program provides significantly mobile and fixed broadband Internet access. Costs are low, but do appear to be variable.
- Internet Essentials – $9.95 a month connection from Comcast